Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1394

Hi. Ditch use of kppp and use wvdial - you can use a suid perl script to
launch wvdial on demand, or you can start wvdial from /etc/rc.local (in
which case it will dial when you boot)

Whenever I use dialup - I just start wvdial at system boot - but if your
phone line isn't dedicated, then an suid root script to call wvdial is
needed (I suppose you could just suid root the wvdial binary too)