Re: make dep bombs

Thanks to those who helped with the make dep issue. It appears make oldconfig did the trick, and I had a successful made dep run. Still have a problem compiling kernel... but I'm guessing its my config.

Are there any known kernel settings which can cause problems?

Travis Fraser wrote:

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 17:35, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Mi, den 24.03.2004 schrieb Kevin F. Berrien um 23:22:

>make oldconfig (necessary for certain buggy systems)

"make oldconfig" is not for "buggy systems". It is a configuration step
to take the settings and switches from a previous .config of an older
kernel. So you do not have to set all again what you set up before and
you will only be requested for previously not contained switches in the
older kernel. Be aware that sometimes this step is required to be done
twice.

Alexander

In my notes on 'make oldconfig' I was referring to having to do the config twice e.g. make oldconfig && make xconfig, not that the step itself was for "buggy" systems. I had that note to myself in there as I had compiles fail if I didn't do the step twice, as you pointed out.

Travis Fraser