From: Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:34:26 -0500
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: PCMCIA Recognition

> Hi All,
>
> Awhile back I had asked this question and didn't really recieve any response
> that I can remember.  My setup is an Inspiron 7500 Dell Laptop using a
> Netgear FA-511 cardbus PCMCIA adapter.
>
> Normally when I install I do a network install so I am perplexed by what is
> happening.  After the net install using the Netgear card in the pcmcia slot,
> on reboot, the cards lights are on indicating a connection.  On further
> inspection there is no dhcp setting set even though I set this on install.
>
> I have to manually unplug the Netgear card and plug it back in, wait a few
> seconds and then I hve successful pings.
>
> Could anyone please help me determine the the heck is going on as to why the
> pcmcia service/eth0 device is not playing nice?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Phil
>

> --

+( duncan brown
+( duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxx
+( http://www.linuxadvocate.net

she's crashing her car in an intersection
she did not see the light
she's walking round and round in a shopping mall
as if she had no sight
dreams are only clouds that form and dissipate
the sky is a highway for metal birds
and land is real estate
she does not understand
her world depends upon a history of lies
she walks right by all her old high school friends
for she has dollar signs in her eyes
  - the dead milkmen, "dollar signs in her eyes"