Re: mysqld issues

that would depend on the rc.d/mysqld script's ownership, is this a mysql.com issue or a fedora issue?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doncho N. Gunchev" <mr700@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:15:23 +0200
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mysqld issues

> On Thursday 25 March 2004 16:21, duncan brown wrote:
> > I was reading through the archives for this user's mailing list and no one really addressed a GREAT out of the box way to deal with the ping failing on mysqld start in the init.d scripts.  I've just changed the ping lines to the following:
> >
> > /usr/bin/mysqladmin ping -u $RANDOM 2> /dev/null
> >
> > this way, even if root doesn't have a pw set, the ping will work when the server is up.
>     This has been discussed in this list before. I just changed it to something
> I know I will not use as a valid user. I don't know if there is bugzilla entry
> on this subject, but you could add one if not ;)
>
> --
> Regards,
>   Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
>   GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
>   Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79
>

> --

+( duncan brown
+( duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxx
+( http://www.linuxadvocate.net

she's crashing her car in an intersection
she did not see the light
she's walking round and round in a shopping mall
as if she had no sight
dreams are only clouds that form and dissipate
the sky is a highway for metal birds
and land is real estate
she does not understand
her world depends upon a history of lies
she walks right by all her old high school friends
for she has dollar signs in her eyes
  - the dead milkmen, "dollar signs in her eyes"