Re: setting up cable internet connection

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:46:22 -0500, Peter Eddy <petere@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

Right now, I am doing an incorrect thing;  I have three domains
pointed at that dynamic IP.  They are registered with and controlled
through dyndns.org, so that if Comcast decides to change my address
I can  bring up the dyndns webpage and change the addresses.  Annoying
but livable.  This is incorrect because the Comcast terms of service

You know, you can automate the updating of IP address process with 'ddclient', or other software listed at dyndns:

   http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/clients.html

Peter

Some of the small modem routers even do it for you when set up correctly. Roger