Re: Installation problems

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 12:46, Keita Rose wrote:
> I am attempting to install Fedora Core 1.  The process completes fine
> using the graphical mode by all appearances but upon reboot and after
> a few scrolling messages, my monitor blank out.  I have attempted to
> change to text mode but that doesn't seem to work.  I would welcome
> any suggestions on how this problem could be solved.
>
> Keita

Try booting with a Linux CD (there are a bunch of "rescue" type distro's
you can download - go to http://www.icewarez.com to look for some).

Mount your hard drive (the command would look something like this,
assuming you're using ext3 and the drive was hda partition 1)
you need to first
md /drive
to make the mount point, then :

mount -t ext3 -o ro /dev/hda1 /drive

Now

cd /drive/var/log

check boot.log and messages.log to see what kind of errors you're coming
across.