Re: What is smartd?

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 16:40, Yves Vanlerberghe wrote:
> It fails here too. I just left it that way for a while, not too bothered
> about it but then I read the post below and remembered that my HD is on
> /dev/hdc so I changed from /dev/hda to /dev/hdc and PRONTO. Works :)
>
> Cool.
>
> --Yves

Now here is one reason why answers like look it up in Google, check the
man page, etc, aren't always a good thing. Yes it helps to have new
users become familiar with other resources, but it is in sharing info in
forums like this that we all learn. Sometimes about things that we have
a low priority on, but none the less we learn. If everytime someone asks
a question they get slammed for not checking with Google or the Archives
first, then this forum will lose its potency. Newbies are skittish to
start with. I guess I just come from a different era when we answered
questions no matter how many times they are asked. I just hope that some
of these, what was that someone wanted to call them? Slammers?, never
have young children. Sheesh.

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer