Re: mozilla and Evolution

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 16:15, Peter Draksler wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > After much seek and destroy I have decided I still like mozilla,
> > But is there a way to tell mozilla to use evolution as its default mail
> > program instead of mozilla mail.
> >
> > I did look through the preferences, so I already believe its not
> > possible, Just though some one may just have a work around?
> >

> I use Thunderbird and Firefox and installed the mozex extension to
> achieve this functionality.  I believe there are extenstions available
> for Mozilla as well.  Install the mozex extension and set the Mailto:
> and Mailer commands to evolution.

There is an easier solution that doesn't involve installing anything:

1. Type "about:config" into the URL field in Firefox
2. Right click anywhere in the list of preferences
3. Choose New->String in the pop up menu
4. Type "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto" for the name
5. Type "/usr/bin/evolution" (or the path to the mail app you use) for
the value
6. Restart Firefox

Now when you click on "mailto" links on websites, Evolution will fire up
a new email for you.  I have Firefox 0.8 and it works beautifully.  I'm
not sure if this will work with Mozilla or older versions of Firefox (I
suspect not).

Neat, eh?

Regards,

Kanwar