Re: How to test a video card/XFree86

Having monitors fail and having repaired a few (S.A the DEC FR-PCXAV-HA
and my HP A4033A for my machine) it may well be a monitor or
cable/connector problem. The "irregular raising/lowering of colour
intensity" indicates a signal intensity change or bad/dirty connection
on a CRT.

I would look carefully at these also. Maybe switch monitors with another
machine, or plug this one in another machine/laptop to check it out.
--
jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>