Re: Wine and Fedora

Am Di, den 23.03.2004 schrieb Jon Shorie um 19:44:

> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 13:23, fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > I have wine working both here at the office and at home.  I am running
> > > the version of wine that I installed using:
> > > yum install wine
> > >
> > > It works very well.  In fact, I am even able to run Intellicad through
> > > wine without much problem.
> >
> > What repo/mirrors are you using in your yum.conf that have wine? I'm
> > using the artoo yum.conf (with a tweak to exclude kernel updates and a
> > seamonkey repo for Mozilla) but wine doesn't seem to be available
> > through those repos.

> Here is my yum.conf

[ snipped ]

As an answer to Clint's question from which repository your wine comes,
weren't you able to just point to the repository? Pasting your complete
yum.conf is not much helpful, as much as your first comment that you
installed wine using yum install (it only says that you did not install
from source).

If you self do not know from where a package originates you should run
something like

rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME} %{VERSION} %{PACKAGER}\n" | grep wine

And this way you could quickly point to the source of your package.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:52:06 up 4 days, 4:34, load average: 0.09, 0.26, 0.19
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]