Re: Kernel 2.6 and ALSA-Hint

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 10:43, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Murali P wrote:
>
> > I've kerenl-2.6.3 after installing which sound was not
> > playing.I found (hint from the list)that the volume
> > sets to "zero" after every boot.I dont know if this
> > could help  you.
>
> This is really crazy.
> Why do they do it?
> Why not make the screen blank until you run "screenmix"?
> Or why not make text invisibly small until you run "fontmix"?

This has been discussed before, many times.  I don't think you'll make
the developers change their minds.  However you can set it up to save
the levels on logout and restore them on login.  The archives and/or
Google can tell you how.  I could too, if I were home right now.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx