Re: Mounting External Firewire Drive

Am Di, den 23.03.2004 schrieb Jean Calixte um 02:36:
> Hi everyone, I've had this problem ever since I installed Fedora. I've
> looked all over the web and even asked in a couple of IRC chans; nothing
> has worked so far. Here are the details:
>
> I have an external hard drive that I connect through my firewire port in
> my laptop. Right now Fedora detects it as an SCSI device sbp2, but not
> as a hard drive. Therefore, I can't mount it directly by using mount. Is
> there a way I can get my hard drive detected and mounted? I also forgot
> to mention that it is an NTFS partition if that matters. I doubt it
> because I have already managed to automount my Windows partition without
> any problems. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jean

http://www.linux1394.org/faq.html#sbp2trouble
http://www.linux1394.org/sbp2.html

were not helpful? Which modules do you load for the firewire drive?
Using any special parameters?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 03:05:06 up 3 days, 11:47, load average: 0.12, 0.23, 0.12
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]