Re: Wireless problem

Pablo Rodríguez González wrote:

Again:

"Hi guys,

I'm trying to use WEP protocol with my Conceptronic PCMCIA and my
USRobotics Sureconnect ADSL Wireless Gateway.

The ethernet script is here (ifcfg-eth1):

ONBOOT=no
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
GATEWAY=172.16.9.2
TYPE=Wireless
DHCP_HOSTNAME=
IPADDR=172.16.9.9
DEVICE=eth1
HWADDR=00:50:c2:01:99:9d
KEY=s:0123456789101
BOOTPROTO=none
DOMAIN=
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ESSID=casita
CHANNEL=9
MODE=Auto
RATE=11M

and in keys-eth1:

KEY=s:0123456789101

but I active WEP in router and the wireless conection goes down. If I
work without WEP the link is up.

In the router I've got the same key, and same ESSID of course.

What could be the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the output from my ifcfg-wlan0 file. Interesting that I appear to have two ONBOOT commands. Hmm... I never noticed it before, but oh well, it works.

# Broadcom Corporation|BCM94306 802.11g
DEVICE=wlan0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
onBOOT=yes
TYPE=Wireless
ESSID=Disney
CHANNEL=6
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
DOMAIN=
NETMASK=
HWADDR=
DHCP_HOSTNAME=
IPADDR=
ONBOOT=no
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=no
RATE=
MODE=

And the output from the keys-wlan0 file. Modifed of course. The format is still the same however, and obviously not the same as yours, as I am missing the"s:".

KEY=7CAB28C8DD

I hope this helps.