Re: Please set you time!!

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:25:18PM +0100, A.J. Bonnema wrote:

> >When you shutdown you PC the hardware clock will be synced to the system
> >time, or you can run "hwclock --systohc" to do it manually..
>
> You guys are quite invaluable (I hope this is a compliment, I'm not
> quite sure about the "in" before valuable).

For the dual boot folks give some attention to the question:
   "System clock uses UTC"

WindowZ keeps local time in the hardware real time clock and
Unix/Linux would normally do time in GMT/UTC.  If you boot your other
OS and the clock is off by your TimeZone offset (+/-) then you guessed
wrong on this setup detail.

See redhat-config-date.
 "System Settings" ==> "Date & Time"

If you run a single OS it does not matter which.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l