Kernel 2.6 and CPU too hot warning

Hello, I've just installed Fedora Core 1 with kernel 2.6.4-ck1 on my
laptop. After the USB problems and the setting up of the wireless card I
went ahead and downloaded the alsa drivers and started to compile them.
After about 2 minutes of alsa stuff I got warnings about the CPU being
too hot on all of my open xterms
Funny thing is that the CPU usage went up to 100% whilst syslogd spewed
out these warnings. I interrupted the compilation task and the CPU was
still at 100% and the messages kept comming.
It's only after I closed the xterms that the CPU usage calmed down to
0-1%

Is there anybody here that knows how to either disable the syslogd
messages or to increase the temperature warning level or knows where to
read up on that, I'd appreciate that.

--Yves