Re: Wine and Fedora

Or you can try to execute the wine command from script, without touching
prelink configuration, like this:

#!/bin/bash
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
setarch i386 wine <here_goes_win32_exe_file>

HTH

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           Yves Vanlerberghe  |
|         |           <yves@xxxxxxxxxxx> |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           22/03/2004 16:43   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a For users of     |
|         |           Fedora Core        |
|         |           releases           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                    |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Re: Wine and Fedora                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi

I had that too.. After a bit of searching on the internet I did this :

I've found that setting my /etc/sysconfig/prelink file options to this
PRELINK_OPTS="-m --no-exec-shield"
And then
prelink -au
to undo the existing links and then
prelink -a
to do the prelinking with the new options

I found it on the wine-devel maillist :
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/01/0971.html

Worked for me!

-- Yves