Re: Multible copies of email threads

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 16:30, jludwig wrote:
> I receive at least two copies of each email thread. In fact I just
> received a thread I already replied.
> --
> jludwig <wralphie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Using Evolution, which your e-mail headers indicate you are, I presume
that you have some filters set up to move list e-mails to a separate
folder?

If so, you need to add an additional "action" to the filter, which is to
"Stop Processing" after the "Move To Folder" action. Do this for each of
your filters.

If the filter is the source of the problem, this should solve it.
Lacking the additional step, it is possible that more than one filter
will see the list messages and manipulate them, thus you see two (or
more) copies of the e-mail.

For the record, I just noted that one of my replies back to you included
both you and the list as addressees, so at least in one case, you will
get two actual copies of that e-mail. That is unusual, since I did reply
to all here and only the list address showed up, which is the correct
behavior for new e-mails. It looks like when responding to a reply
e-mail, possibly multiple addressees are included, which may be what you
are seeing also.

If you are getting double copies of only some e-mails, the latter issue
may be the cause, since the former filter issue would duplicate all
e-mails coming from the list (or should do so.)

This e-mail only includes the list as an addressee....

HTH,

Marc Schwartz