Re: Question About FTP & AntiVirus

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 05:57, Chalonec Roger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Fedora and want to use it as an FTP server.  The
> server has vsftp installed and I have done successful file
> transfers on my LAN.  I would like to know if vsftp supports
> encrypted file transfer using WS-FTP Pro as a client.  Also, is
> there an free FTP client that works with Fedora that encrypts
> during file transfer?

Roger,

Windows clients of your FTP server could use the PuTTY client (see
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/). Any Linux/UNIX users
should use the sftp secure FTP client. It performs all operations over an
encrypted ssh transport (see 'man sftp'). Neither of these clients should
care what FTP server you use, but they will require the sshd service to be
running on your server (easy).

Hope this helps....

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL