Update applet malfunction after sources file modified

1. Before modified (default) - Update applet round red button with white exclamation mark, clicked on it I can see there are 13  updates available (This number differs from the new ftp source that I use later).  I didn't do the update and proceed to modify the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.
2. Per Alexander's "The up2date way" in his article "update problem",  I modified the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources and then log out x window, and log in again, here are what happen;

2.1- The blue applet button with white check mark final tells me that there are no update available ( In fact there were 13 reported before I modified the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources).
2.2 - I clicked on the applet to bring up the " Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool" window,  there is a tab "Critical information" and the message is " The applet has been unable to access the information sources in its last attempts", but I ignored this warning and continued to try the rest of the update process by clicking on the "Launch up2date" "Forward" "Forward", there were  12 updates listed ( Not 13 as before sources file modification ), I checked to select them all and the update download speed more than 150k/s - excellent, installation  went well and finally completed without error ( at least not that I have seen ).

2.3  The modified /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources;
#yum fedora-core-1 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/$ARCH/os/
#yum updates-released http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/$ARCH/
#yum updates-testing http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-1
( Above are original line that I put "#" in front of each lines, below are the lines of new update source)
yum limestone-fedora-core-1 ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/1/i386/os/
yum limestone-updates-released ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/updates/1/i386/
#yum limestone-updates-testing ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/updates/testing/1/i386/
Conclusion:
After I have selected a new update source and put it into the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file by modification, the  update applet can't reflect existing available updates but indicating no updates are available,  and seems having connection problem with this new update source at beginning, however it will complete all the available download nicely later - although the number of updates are not the same as original reported before the modification.
What have I missed out or done wrong during the modification?