Re: mplayer

Around 01:43pm on Friday, March 12, 2004 (UK time), Mitch Oliver scrawled:

> Honestly with mplayer you may be better off building from source.

This thread prompted me to try installing it, I have been meaning to
install a DVD payer for some time.  I tried installing from YUM, but
this failed to work, so I downloaded the source tarball.  It was a
straightforward install - just remember to add --enable-gui for the
configure step if you want a gui interface.

Full instructions are:

./configure --enable-gui
make
make install

Download one of the skins, untar it to ~/mplayer/Skin, and rename the
directory it creates within this to default.

Copy a .ttf file from somewhere on your system to ~/mplayer/subfont.ttf,
and set this to be the default font using the preferences when you first
run the gui version. Enter gmplayer to run the gui version.

Cheers

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com