Re: Disk Cluster

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 17:50, Jean Morissette wrote:
> Hi,
> I want write a B-Tree in C/C++.  Is-it possible to access directly a
> disk cluster with Linux API?  I want to maximize to disk space readed
> when I make a disk access.  Could you help me please?
> Thanks
> Jean

Hey Jean,
I'm not exactly sure what you are after but there are ways to tweak the
cache and pick how things are read from disk in the kernel, but you are
going to have to do some work to compile your own kernel.  Fedora will
not have an RPM for you.

I'm not sure what file to look in but google should help (maybe ext2
(the file system section))?

If your process is I/O and/or memory bound you may want to look at
writing some MPI code to spread the work over multiple computers.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

20:59:56 up 19 min, 2 users, load average: 0.44, 0.42, 0.42