Help installing on Compaq Presario 2100

Hi all ...

My keyboard isn't working during install ... :^(

I'm trying to install Fedora Core 1 on my laptop (Compaq Presario 2100).  I
have downloaded and burned the iso's.  I verified the sums.  Everything
should be good to go ... When I boot with the cd installed, I get the initial
install splash screen ... I hit enter for graphical install ... Then I'm
prompted to check the CD media ... But at this point my keyboard no longer
works!  No key on the keyboard gets any response!

Here's what else I've done ...

I've verified the CD media in my desktop computer ... They've passed.

I tried installing with an external keyboard plugged in ... Neither it nor the
built in keyboard worked when prompted to verify CD media ...

Other than that, I'm stuck!  Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks!
Adam