Re: Re-partioning

Try BootIt NG. It boots from floppy or cd, you will need win to create it. BootIt is not free but have evaluation version with full functionality, including ntfs support.

Darren Grant wrote:
Ok thanks, Alexander... I checked out parted but it doesn't seem to be able to handle NTFS partitions ... I should have been more specific about XP being on an NTFS partition. Anyway... that's a good idea to check out the archives... should be able to find the answer there.

<<
(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/hda: 0.000-19077.187 megabytes
Disk label type: msdos
Minor Start End Type Filesystem Flags
1 0.031 15006.027 primary ntfs boot
2 15006.028 15108.002 primary ext3
3 15108.003 18567.312 primary ext3
4 18567.312 19077.187 extended lba
5 18567.343 19077.187 logical linux-swap
(parted) resize 1 0.031 10006.027
No Implementation: Support for opening ntfs file systems is not implemented yet.