Re: ethernet problem

At 11:29 3/19/2004, you wrote:
I just upgraded to Fedora core from RH 9.0. It seems to have configured my ethernet but I can't access the net. If I ping localhost or my static IP (assigned to NIC MAC address on this machine) it works, but no network access. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

First suggestion: ask a better question. More detail! No one can guess which card you have, how it's configured, which driver it's using, which routes you have, or anything else from what you said, which is basically "my network broke."

Trying to help you based on this alone is going to lead to lots of wasted time and effort on your part and on that of everyone else, and the probability of actually getting your problem solved is much, much lower.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com