Re: Minimum requirements for install? (Sorry if this is a dup)

At 10:11 3/19/2004, you wrote:
I just found a page on HP's site that explains how to change it on this model. I hope that the installation does not have a hard coded limit of 64MB since I will have at most 62MB.

It doesn't have a hard-coded limit, it's just that Anaconda needs a bunch of RAM to calculate dependencies and install orders. Others have posted to this list saying they had success with TEXT-MODE installs (that is, running through the installing steps in text regardless of whether you want to use X Window later on) with as little as 48MB, so I'd give good odds that you'll be fine.

If not, borrow 32MB or more from another machine for an hour, install, then give it back. <smile>

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com