Re: openssl issue

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:04:17PM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:35:41PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> > The problem is really that there is no QA team for Fedora which can test
> > embargoed security fixes.
>
> The stuff *is* already being tested for RH9, and I seriously
> doubt that a RH9 QA'ed OpenSSL package behaves any different on
> FC1 - given that both have the almost exact same OpenSSL predecessor
> package.

The FC1 updates have been built in a completely different buildroot:
they really need testing from scratch.  You really don't want to just
"presume it works" and chuck out some untested packages for something as
critical as OpenSSL.

The packages just got pushed to testing so please now, test, add your
results to the bug report, and we can get this pushed to live quickly.

Regards,

joe