Re: authentication question

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Do, den 18.03.2004 schrieb M.Hockings um 04:33:

Hi Alexander,

Can you point to a step-by-step guide about how to set up such a server? This would be one that a mere flunky who is mildly familiar with FC1 (i.e., the non-expert) could follow and understand.

Kind regards,

Mike

I don't think there is a ready step-by-step howto available. But as in general, do a bit of research like using google you will find some spread information. One page I quickly found is

http://www.ldots.org/ldap/

There are a lot of other pages about OpenLDAP. You could also buy a
book. Do not expect someone else is doing your work ;) Or would you pay
me?

You first have to set up an slapd, then create a scheme (ldif) and at
last modify the authenfication mechanisms on the other machines.

Alexander

Thanks Alexander,

I'll work on understanding it. I certainly wasn't expecting you to do it for me! I just find that often for things like this there have been keeners who have written a how-to about how they have done it.

Kind regards,

Mike