Re: XFce and Switchdesk Tool

I don't really think that the problem was that it wasn't showing up in the login page, but setting it as default, will try Satish's idea.

	Thanks and Cheers,

	Aly.

Paul Morgan wrote:
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:57:09PM -0700, Aly Dharshi wrote:

I am using XFce and Fedora keeps telling me to use switchdesk to make this desktop my default, and I would like to. But when I run switchdesk I see Gnome, KDE and Tw.. but not XFce.

Try adding a file "/etc/X11/dm/Sessions/xfce.desktop" with the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=XFce
Comment=XFce
Type=Application
Icon=
Exec=/usr/bin/startxfce4

Then kill X (or logout); xfce should appear in the list of available
desktops.

Hope this helps,
Paul

-- Aly Dharshi Systems Analyst Content Applications Group TELUS Technology & Operations

	 "A good speech is like a good dress
	  that's short enough to be interesting
	  and long enough to cover the subject"