Re: File size limit exceeded

Horacio Reyes wrote:
> I use Ext3. I don´t think that is a problem of the software, because it
> works fine with smaller files, it only crash with bigger than 2gb files.
> Also in the AIX server works fine with large files.
>
> How can I change the file size limits of the EXT3? Or how change the
> filesystem without lossing my data?

It's very unlikely to be a filesystem problem if you're running anything
like a recent kernel (certainly not with any of the fedora kernels).
Reading/writing large files requires support from both the filesystem
*and* the application.  In you case it's almost certainly the
application which needs to be fixed.

See the following link for details of the changes you'd need to make in
your code to get LFS to work.  In your case, since the code works with
large files on AIX it's probably just a matter of setting the neccessary
flags when compiling you application.

http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~luo/linux_lfs.html

Hope this helps

Simon.