Re: Problem wi th sound card

El lun, 15-03-2004 a las 09:51, Tariq Rashid escribió:
> Ernesto:
>
> Thanks. The sound card spec is:
>
> Embedded 16-bit Full Duplex Audio featuring Compaq
> PREMIER SOUND with internal 40x70 mm oval speaker.
>
> Thanks,

Tariq, I found this in a google search
http://www.madisonlinux.org/pipermail/madlug/2003-June/006246.html
and seems that Compaq premier sound is an ess-1869 sound card. Can you
verify this looking in your PC?
If this is your sound card then you only need to run sndconfig and let
it look for legacy isapnp soudncards, maybe sndconfig can't find the
apropiate driver automagicaly, but when sndconfig ask you if you want
search manually the driver, use the driver that sndconfig selects by
default (it is an SB thought), with the default parameters. And that is
all. Your sound card should be ready.
I have a Compaq deskpro EN wich uses that built-in sound card configured
with sndconfig, at this time I cannot configure this with ALSA, but it
is matter of try and error. If you find the right configuration for this
with ALSA, then you can help me :)

Cheers
Ernesto