Re: Wireless, D-LINK

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:49, Rick Stevens wrote:

> I can assure you that the D-Link DWL-650+ card (the one with the curved
> antenna) will NOT work with Linux as it uses a TI chipset and they won't
> release the API to open source.  It works quite well with ndiswrapper,
> however.

I do not know how to describe my card (it doesn't seem to have a curved
antenna), but I am using the PCMCIA D-Link DWL-650+ on Fedora everyday.
It uses the TI chipset, which is "supported" by the acx100 project
(acx100.sourceforge.net). If you want, you can get the kernel modules at
dag.wieers.com (acx100-utils, and kernel-acx100-modules, or something
like that). So it does work. It works well. Of course, the driver is
only at 0.2.0pre7, which means it's for the brave at heart. I bought it
since I couldn't find any Linksys ver3 pcmcia cards. Plus I did confirm
with others on this list that it does work. The only thing you need is
the binary files (RADIO.bin or something), from the dlink windows
drivers.

dex