Help with setting up email

Title: Help with setting up email

Hi
I am confused and don’t know how to set up mail so it works the way I want I to.

I have a registered domain myname@xxxxx.  It is configured so that all mail sent to *.myname.id.au is directed to my ISP where I currently retrieve it using Outlook on  Windows PCs via my Linux (FC1) server providing NAT.  I have a ‘permanent’ ADSL connection but a dynamic IP address; therefore I do not have a fully qualified internet hostname.

I want to use Linux to retrieve all mail sent to my ISP and sort it in to various folder in var/spool/mail based upon the address; name1@xxxxxxxxxxxx, name2@xxxxxxxxxxxx etc.  Members of my family will respectively retrieve using POP3 and Outlook from various PCs on my home LAN.

POP3 is working OK and retrieves from the right folder in /var/spool/mail and Fetchmail works OK but will not actually download because ‘nothing is listening on the port’.  I am confused about what I need to be running to be listening to Fetchmail and receive the mail so it can be sorted, presumably by procmail.  Postfix won’t run without a fully qualified domain name and I don’t have one.  How do I collect the output from fetchmail and sort into mail spools.  Note I don’t really want to be using Linux to send mail, just retrieve it.

Regards
Andrew