Re: stability of fedora for server application?

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 02:21, shane c branch wrote:
> Dexter Ang wrote:
>
>   You could probably also
> > stick to old RH, as they are said to be supported by the Fedora Legacy
> > project.
> >
> > dex
> >

> Regarding the support, this is one of the reasons I was thinking of
> switching. I seem to recall that up2date was not going to support RH9
> any longer. This makes it a pain to keep the server patched, because i'd
> have to download and install each package, rather than using an up2date
> script someone provided for me from the shrike list (thanks again).
>
> I was thinking that moving to fedora would allow me to keep the update
> service. So you are saying that there is a way to continue to get
> updates with RH9?

from what i understand, the fedora legacy project will try to produce
updates for critical packages. i think the link is at
www.fedoralegacy.org, though i may be wrong.

also, i think they have a yum repository for those updates, so it should
just be a matter of installing yum, making sure the repo is in your
yum.conf, and go yum update.

of course, i may be wrong as i am no longer using rh9 and below, except
for rh7.3. also of note, fedoralegacy isn't officially a part of
redhat... so if you're paranoid... =)

dex