Re: Why FC-2?

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> Tell me - what happens if something goes wrong in the middle of your
> upgrade?

Then you install.

> If you are properly partitioned so that clean install is possible -
> what's the point of upgrade opposed to clean install?

(1) The kernel with the new distribution may not work with your machine.
If you upgrade you have the choice of the old kernels.

(2) It is very tedious to re-configure everything.

There _are_ arguments in favour of a clean install.
I'm just pointing out that there are also arguments for an upgrade.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366