Re: MySQL Version 4

On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 13:53, Hans Müller wrote:
> Am Samstag 13 März 2004 18:36 schrieb Richard Welty:
> > On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:36:22 +0000 WipeOut <wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > > Its at least nice to know that RH is trying to get the problem resolved..
> > > :)
> > >
> > > MySQL 3 is going to become dated very quickly since the MySQL release
> > > roadmap looks like its going to move very quickly..
> >
> > keep in mind that PostgreSQL is moving very quickly too, and doesn't
> > have the licensing issues that are causing confusion with MySQL.
> >
> > richard
> > --
> > Richard Welty
> > rwelty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Averill Park Networking
> >            518-573-7592 Java, PHP, PostgreSQL, Unix, Linux, IP Network
> > Engineering, Security
> Yes i see. But MySQL has more API's

One of the other things to consider here, as far as I understand, is
that the licensing issues are largely irrelevant if you are using MySQL
4 for internal purposes only. In other words, you are not building a
"product" for sale to third parties.

There is nothing precluding you from installing MySQL 4.x under FC1 for
internal use. This was the case under RH 8.0 and RH 9 as well.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz