Re: MySQL Version 4

Richard Welty wrote:

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:36:22 +0000 WipeOut <wipe_out@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Its at least nice to know that RH is trying to get the problem resolved.. :)

MySQL 3 is going to become dated very quickly since the MySQL release roadmap looks like its going to move very quickly..

keep in mind that PostgreSQL is moving very quickly too, and doesn't have the licensing issues that are causing confusion with MySQL.

richard

Yes you are right, but all my systems run MySQL and I know it well.. To change would be quite a major thing..

Out of interest I mailed MySQL AB about the License implications of what we are doing and they said that we would not be required to buy a commercial license.. I would suggest that anyone who is concerned about their systems or uses of MySQL to mail MySQL AB direcly and get the answer straight from them.. I had got many conflicting *opinions* on how the new licensing would affect us, mailing them cleared it up easily..

Later..