From: mikko /unix [mailto:mikko@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 11:43 AM
To: fedora-list /unix
Subject: Re: trying to install Linux

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 20:15, Donald_Sass@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi.......I am new to Linux (I know very little) and I am trying to
> install it to see how it works. Things are not going smoothly and I
need
> some assistance.
> I downloaded the 3 CD iso images and did an md5sum on each and they
> check okay.  However the CD #1 does not boot.

Let me guess: you burned the ISO directly to the CD? So that on the CD
you have the .iso-file and nothing else?

You should burn a disk from the ISO image - not a disk with the image.
How you do this depends on your cd writing software, in Nero and others
there usually is some "write from image" or something in the menus.

Hope this helps.

--
Mikko Koivunen
http://londi.org