trying to install Linux

Hi.......I am new to Linux (I know very little) and I am trying to
install it to see how it works. Things are not going smoothly and I need
some assistance.

l am using a Win2k machine with a bootable CD-ROM

I downloaded the 3 CD iso images and did an md5sum on each and they
check okay.  However the CD #1 does not boot.

I then downloaded UNDISKER software to see what was on the iso CD, it
has dosutil, Fedora, images, isolinux, autorun, GPL and some RPM keys

I used rawritewin to create a bootable floppy hoping to mount the CD
using linux commands.

Unfortunately the floppy will not boot, I get "Diskette boot record
error" message.

Any ideas?????

Thanks