Install problem.

I hope this is not a dublicate, it seems it did not made it to the
list the first time when I forgot the subject.

I wonder if someone has got the following problem before and if
someone has got a clue to what the problem is. Even qualified guesses
are welcome as long as they are labeled as such.

I tried to install Fedora Core 1.0 from CD on the following system:
(The self test of the CD:s pass and another person has installed from
the same CD:s earlier)

Motherboard:       Shuttle MK40VN KM400 (Sound and VGA included)
CPU:                  Athlon XP2200+
RAM:                 Selectra DDR SDRAM 512 Mb 400Mhz/ 16-ship

The system is not and has not been overclocked. The memtest86 program
included in the distribution finds no errors.

Each installation process ends in one of the following ways:

1.If memtest86 has not been run and graphic install is choosen the
program fails with either Kernal Panic or pointer error early in the
install process. It happens at some different points when choosing
install language, mouse keyboard and languages.

2. If memtest86 has been run, (just startet and stopped workes) or if
textbased install is choosen, the program runs until the packages are
installed. The installation then stops at a random point with a fatal
error and claims that there are either a media error, hardware error
or insufficient space on the harddrive. The last is obviously false
since root partition "/" is 8Gb and /usr/local partition 8Gb.