Re: Confused Newbie: Postfix + Imap nested folders

Em Dom, 2004-03-07 às 17:36, Javier Perez escreveu:

> 1. How can I have nested (or sub-folders, or whatever way it is called)
>    If I am working on Microsoft Outlook, I only see the Inbox box normally

There's a special configuration about "subscribing to folders". This is
confusing indeed.

>    I want to creat sub-folders to classify my e-mail. I know I could create
> rules
>    and transfer the e-mail to local folders, but that kind of defeats the
> purpose
>    of having ONE e-mail repository whether I am working on Outlook or
> Evolution.

You don't need to. I do something alike, but with two evolution boxes.

>    Also, keeping in sync the two filter (outlook and evolution) lists will
> not be something I look forward to.

Hum... so you need to split your mail BEFORE it is read from your mail
clients. I never did this, but procmail may be what you want.

>    all the contents of /home/username (all folders and files). Granted, I
> only see my folders,

This happens to evolution also, looks like a bad default configuration
of imap on fedora. In evolution, you can set "ignore namespace from
server" on imap receiving options, and type your own namespace (which I
use /home/user/mail). There must be something similar on outlook.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group