Re: No network access with FC1

Hi Vernon,
There has been quite a bit of talk on this mail list about the 3Com 3c905 cards. They do not seem to work well under FC1. I had the same problem. Get yourself a chip card like Linksys ethernet card. Install the card and when you first boot after the installation of the card, disable the NIC in the BIOS of your computer. Kudzu should pick up your new card and ask you to configure it. You will be amaized how fast you will connect to the Internet.

Take care,
Michael

Vernon Wankerl wrote:

I am trying to install FC1 on a Dell GXa with upgraded processor. It seems to install very well but I am not able to get any access to my LAN after install. I have tried to install using DHCP and with static IP configs. I am not able to ping anything outside the box.

I have installed RH7.2 to this same machine and everything works very well. Full access to LAN and internet.

The NIC is 3COM 3c905 on the motherboard.