VNC viewer only can see xtern in remote desktop

I have 2 machines, station-1 and station-2; both boot into fc1.
station-2 started the vncserver.
station-1 started the vncviewer, the result is - only can see the xterm of station-2, and a small vnc config box at left upper corner, the entire background is gray color, there is not control panel at bottom of window of station-2 !
So I reboot the station-2 and this time I select to boot into rh9 (Multi boot in this machine), and started the vncserver. Station-1(fc1) was on all the time without interrupt, and I started the vncviewer to connect to station-2 again, well! the desktop of station-2(rh9) is right there with my favorite wall paper!
Both machine running fc1 and the vnc could enable me see a terminal in remote desktop, need help to solve this problem. Thanks.