Re: Gnome-Panel Main Menu Launcher Freezes

Bill Spears wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:36, Bill Spears wrote:

The Problem:
When I click the main menu launcher in the gnome-panel, gnome-panel
segfaults, without launching.  The panel disappears and is redrawn.
Only one user is affected by this, so it must be a munged configuration
file.  I tried deleting a bunch of .gnome*, which didn't help and I
copied the same bunch from another user which did help some.  But I
still have the freezing problem.

Could someone tell me what files I need to fix or  replace?
(Fedora 1)
--

OK, let me try something else. Does anybody know what list I should
post this on in order to put it in front of knowledgeable gnome-panel

Another option is to delete the affected user and recreating him or her.
First, make note of the UID, GID and home directory of the user.  Then
use:

    userdel username

do NOT use the "-r" option (which would delete their home directory).
Then:

    useradd -u old-user-ID -g old-group-ID -d old-directory username

That should recreate the gnome stuff for the user and retain their old
directory.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -