Re: Oh so close to dumping windoz

Rob Freeman wrote:

but....

I have 2 questions:

A)  Is there anything that will connect to a remote PC anywhere box?  At
work, we have a few install of pcanywhere that I need to view from time to
time from the house when there is a problem.  I read on some newsgroups
about a java version of pcanywhere, but all the links I came across were
dead like Symantec dumped it.  Is it best to just try to use wine and
pcanywhere?

B)  I have a few websites that were designed in front page.  Is there is
Linux web editor that can view and edit designs made in front page?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Change out your pcAnywhere for Virtual Network Computing (VNC). It's a similar product, comes on Linux distributions and has PC versions. There's a Mac version tough I have had no success with it (non OS/X platforms).

Loose the Front Page stuff. There are plenty of great apps for web development under Linux. I've adopted Plain Black Software's WebGUI as my only package I use on top of Apache. I converted a client off Front Page onto WebGUI. They had 7500 "products" on their FP based web site. The prices on it were always out of date and it was a nightmare to maintain. WebGUI is based on MySQL so I take the client's 260,000 items from their proprietary based system, import them into MySQL and display easily under WebGUI. Pricing always up to date.