Re: Password-protecting fedora.

Around about 10/03/2004 15:12, Matthew Saltzman typed ...
Yes, gdm is installed, and gdmflexiserver is there and works from the
command line.  My point was that several posts in this thread have
referred to the "New Login" menu item referenced above, and I don't see it
on any of my systems.

I believe it's been mentioned that RedHat disables this GNOME menu option; the reason being that some X drivers can crash when run twice (or some similar reason), so as it's not guaranteed safe, it's not in.

Not sure what you've go through to add it back (I'd like to), but longer-term, there's talk (GNOME devel.)( of linking xscreensaver and GNOME so that if the screensaver's active (for someone else), you can still come along and use the computer. Plus having some mechanism of listing the logged-in users so you can easily switch between them (instead of remembering who's on what <Alt+Ctrl+F>).

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature