apt-get gone crazy?

I have up2date, yum and apt installed.  up2date and yum are working fine.
apt-get was also working a short time ago but it seems to have gone off
the rails lately.

When I try and run "apt-get upgrade" it wants to remove every single
package on my PC.

I've tried removing and installing apt but that doesn't do anything.  Does
anyone have a clue why this is happening?

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer