Re: Help CD autorun

Jeff Vian wrote:

Pat-Cummings -ESC wrote:

I am trying to get started with loading Linux and seem to be stuck at the
beginning. I have burned disk Disk 1 from the downloaded image, FC_1
i386, but the autorun feature does not seem to start the CD. I have tried
burning with different speeds and downloaded the image on different PCs. Any suggestions?
Thanks-
Pat

Autorun?? Are you trying to start the install with the machine already running?
If not, you may need to set your bios to boot from CD before it boots from the hdisk.

To install you need to boot from the CD, not try to use autorun with a running OS.
It needs to have control of the machine to install.

You also should have all *3* CDs already created and ready for the install.

Please set your BIOS on CDROM (if possible), then autorun will autorun as in Micro-soft

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl