Re: [OT] Quest for linux supported Wireless

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rick Stevens
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 1:40 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Quest for linux supported Wireless

<SNIP>

As an aside, I don't wish to be pedantic but the plural of "bozo" is
"bozos". One of my pet peeves is seeing people use "'s"

for plurals.

"'s" denotes a possessive form of a noun or pronoun or a

contraction of

a word and "is"--it does NOT indicate plurality:

That should be:

	...a word and "is" or "has"...

Of course, "has" can be posessive, too, so I suppose I'm being
redundant.

See? I even correct myself.
<Rick's kicking Rick's own arse!>

<SNIP>

What about the "s'"?? can you explain on that. I keep getting confused over that one..

Ricks'

A bit OT for the subject :-),  but the s' also indicates posessive in some context.  As you put it here Ricks' is incorrect..

In most cases, words ending with s can be made posessive by adding the ' at the end. Note that Rick does not end in s, therefore Rick's would be correct.

I am not an english teacher, but I know there are examples that do not follow the normal rules.