Re: madwifi unresolved symbols

Peter Boy wrote:

Am So, den 07.03.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 18:35:

Do not use insmod! Use modprobe to give the process the change to
preload other needed kernel modules using the dependency list in
modules.dep. This will prevent such failures if all is proper set up.

Doesn't matter in this case. It's not a problem of dependent modules but unresolved symbols - unfortunately.

Remind that you need to rebuild modules.dep after adding custom kernel
modules to the modules tree, use "depmod -ae -F /boot/System.map".

make install does all these things by itself.

If
already that call produces unresolved symbol error messages something
went wrong with building the custom module(s).

indeed, but what is going wrong?

Axel Thimm gave me a hint to his repository where rpms are available.
Nevertheless I would like to know what is wrong. the same procedure did
work with previous versions.

Thanks for your advice.

Peter

Thank you also, but for a different reason, that is probably the reason that I didn't get my usb/cordless mouse to work.

sincerly

--
Peace is everywhere
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl