Re: Password-protecting fedora.

An option pops up in my mind. Start another X session with "startx --
:2", switching to it is a matter of hitting ctrl-alt-F8, or F7 to go
back to yours. Now concerning logging in as a different user, maybe if
you "su - otheruser" in a terminal and issue that command, it would
yield the required effect? I'd test but I can't right now, but it's
worth a shot I think.